After my long walk yesterday, I was really enthused to do nothing, so I comfortably relaxed in the apartment, catching up on my reading, photo editing, television programs, and cookie eating. The day went quite smoothly until iTunes decided to act up and tell me that my library was damaged and proceeded to not load any of my music. After I had a minor heart attack, I had everything back to normal within an hour, even though I lost my playlists and that really annoys me. Like…really annoys me.
I spent the rest of the evening working the itinerary for when my family gets here next Thursday. I tried to make each day so that it wasn’t too stressful and had time to relax and I think I managed that. I’ll post that now and then call this post finished, as I said, I really didn’t do anything today.
Thursday, March 19, 2009:
– You arrive at 16 rue SAINT-SABIN around noon.
– Head to grocery store for picnic and dinner supplies, look in at Picard.
– Picnic at Park de Buttes-Chaumont.
– Visit Pére Lachaise cemetary. (Closes at 6pm.)
– Walk around St. Paul area.
– Visit the American Grocery Store.
– After dinner, walk around Montmartre or visit Galeries Lafayette.
– Buy baguette to dry out for Saturday.
Friday, March 20, 2009:
– Visit my old school and buy china.
– Craig Ferguson croissants.
– Top of Eiffel Tower. (7€80 for second level, 12€ for the top)
– Have cash to buy stamps and postcards. Post office does not accept credit cards.
– Go on the sewer tour. (3€?)
– Visit the Japanese Store.
– Lucky cats and adorable china.
– Dinner at Iolanda’s.
* Crown of Thorns is at Notre Dame at 3pm. Fashion show at 3pm for Jessica and I if I get a reservation.
Saturday, March 21, 2009:
– Walk to Île de Cité.
– Walk along quay.
– Get ice cream at Berthillions. Email me for flavors. (3€-4.50€)
– Feed pigeons with dried baguette from Thursday at Notre Dame park..
– Visit Notre Dame, climb to bell tower. (5€)
– Vendors along Seine.
– Walk along Champs-Elysées and window shop.
– Climb Arc de Triomphe. (8€)
* Visit Sainte-Chappelle. (8€)
– Dinner at home, maybe alfredo?
Sunday, March 22, 2009:
– Go to Louvre. (9€)
– Lunch at Louvre food court.
– Hot chocolate and macaroons at Angelina’s. (6€/ cup)
– Watch Eiffel Tower lights from Concorde.
– Dinner at Cafe de l’Industrie.
* Visit G. Detou boutique if open, if not, another day.
Monday, March 23, 2009:
– Head to Disneyland and Disney Studios. (36€, I’m fairy sure.)
– Eat lunch in parks, maybe Pinocchio place.
– Go to the outlet village for Jessica’s dress?
– Dinner at Planet Hollywood.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009:
– Catacombs tour.
– Jessica & I go on walk to take pictures of me.
– Iolanda’s for lunch.
– Dinner at home.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009:
– Check out of apartment.
– Head off to the Airport. (Taxi or Metro/RER?)